Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy Dance

Today began with the happy dance...
I was so delighted at the final school day with students, that I didn't even realize I was dancing. Nearly all my students came to the end-of-kindergarten pajama party. They made animal stick-puppets, played on the carpet, and watched the Lion King in their p.j.s .
All the end of the year paperwork has been completed and filed. Now it's time to get down to the task of packing up my bookshelves to allow the clean-up 'crews' clear access.
In a bit of avoidance behavior I used up the liquid watercolors that had been mixed to paint father's day cards. When I go in to clean tomorrow morning, I'll be greeted by jewel-toned scrap papers. I'm trying to imagine what they might become and leaning towards ATC's (artist trading cards). I'm envisioning stamping with black ink images and perhaps doodling with a Versamark marker and mica powders.
But for now, I suppose I should go to sleep and dream about them.
Sweet dreams to all!