Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Green, Green Grass of Home...


Okay,


Los Angeles has been my home for more than two decades, and before that, I lived in NYC, Connecticut, Boston, New Jersey, and Cape Cod (random order). And, well... I've never actually lived in North Carolina.


But home is, after all, where the heart is. And could my heart have a better home than here where my youngest brother, sister-in-law, mother, and step-dad live? (not to mention all the four legged family members here).


It was a very quiet 4th of July here. Just a traditional (for my family) barbeque with enough food to feed the first continental congress. As I type, everyone is downstairs playing Wii Fit. Who knew that my 72 year old mother could hula hoop???


Tomorrow, we'll be having left-overs and playing in the pool. Perhaps my jet lag will have passed (I get it whenever I take the red-eye anywhere...probably because I don't sleep well in a moving vehicle). Perhaps I'll use vacation as an excuse for a nap. Perhaps I'll just enjoy hanging out with the doggies. Perhaps I'll talk someone into taking me on tour of the area with my camera.


The one thing that is certain? It's time to bid goodnight and sweet dreams to all.